Friday 10 January 2014

Back in Nairobi

Right after the schools were closed, we took a long nice break for Christmas and New Year, we visited two countries which I call both 'home', US and Turkey.

First I visited Istanbul with my two kids, the weather was cold but pleasant. I was able to walk, shop, go out at night without worrying about my safety:) Then we went to US, it was a great feeling to be back, because since we moved, which was five years ago, I did not get a chance to go back. Then, We spent two weeks in Washington, DC with our siblings, had lots of shopping, met with old friends and enjoyed wide range of cuisine. Probably, it was the coldest weather I have seen so far, for few days the temperature was -14C!!! To much of a surprise, DC area grow impressively, (I thought it was already a developed city) much bigger highways:), many shopping outlets, huge sales, new metro lines and so much more. We used to live in Fairfax, VA which was a suburb than, now it is a city itself!

Returning flight from DC to Nairobi was such a long one, at some point I thought I would never step on the ground!! We flew with Turkish Airlines. Both flights were sold out, airports were packed with travelers, guess everybody was coming back to Nairobi after Christmas break.

We came back on Monday.  Before we left Nairobi, the weather was rainy and kinda cold. Now, this is the perfect season of the year.  We have clear blue sky every day and my kids are enjoying every moment of it. You can hear the birds singing at the background, my veggies are growing in the garden:) and little bit of wind in the late afternoon. If you plan to visit Nairobi, this is the perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment