Monday 7 October 2013

Outdoor Activities for Kids

It’s great to be a kid in Kenya because the weather is clear and nice throughout the year and that’s a great excuse for kids to be outside all day. Since we moved here, my now 7 year-old and 2.5 year-old literally live outside :). They bike, play hide and seek, scoot around on their scooters, swim, run, and just enjoy being outside with their friends.

I remember how free I felt when I was a kid. We didn’t have internet, iPads, Facebook or anything-- we just played outside all day long. A carefree and playful childhood is what I had hoped for my kids when we had them. These days, when I look at my kids, I see myself. You can imagine how happy it makes me. I’m so glad they are able to grow freely and carelessly.

Unfortunately, nowadays kids spend most of their time in front of a TV or computer. They do not get to be a child.  So my biggest motivation to live and enjoy everyday of my life here is to see my children growing purely, in this beautiful weather, amidst lush gardens and clean air.



No comments:

Post a Comment