Monday 19 January 2015

Back to square one!

Feels like every three years I find myself doing the same things over and over again, packing, unpacking, finding schools, settling into a house, and figuring out whats need and so much more.

Finally, last Thursday our container has arrived and it was so far the coldest day in DC area, -14C! That day, I have decided, after some point it just does not matter if it is -15 or -30C!!! Even indoors do not feel warm enough, cold just covers every inch of the body.

Anyways, having a big truck in front of our door and three guys carrying the boxes, again I could not help myself working along with them! Probably I worked as much as they did! Honestly, I do envy people who take things slowly, and can live with boxes for days sometimes even months. Me? Whole house was settled in 3 days. It is not a typo mistake! When I was opening the boxes without taking any breath, one of the guy's came and said I should do this professionally. At one point from outside it looked like we changed our roles! Was I surprised to hear that, not really. I seriously think about changing my career:)

My hands are still sore cause of unpacking 30+ kitchen boxes! They came in at 8am and left by 8pm, it was a long day, but a happy one:) Due to the freaking cold weather schools were closed, perfect timing right? We had to wear our coats inside of the house,  I thought the heater would just explode, it worked non stop!


No comments:

Post a Comment