Monday 24 March 2014

Shopping at Masai Market

Masai Market was the first thing I heard when I asked about local shopping in here. After 2 years and visiting so many times, I find it still fun, interesting and purely local. It is in my 'to do list" when I have guests, and each visit, surprisingly enough I discover new items. Masai Market is an open air market that attracts both locals and tourists alike. With over 100  registered vendors, they are very creative, always come up with new ideas.  It is a true festival, perfect opportunity for enthusiastic shoppers to buy some of the rich collection of African arts and crafts at very reasonable low prices. Another greatest thing about Masai Market is they visit different locations throughout the week in the city.

I sometimes feel so overwhelmed by colourful kikoys, necklaces, earrings and bags. I also love the sellers, how they bargain endlessly, with a smiling and friendly face. You can buy all your gifts in one place but be prepared for serious bargaining.

The market typically runs from 8am to 6pm.

Here is the schedule:
TuesdayOff Kijabe Street, near Text Book Centre
WestGate Shopping Mall, Westlands.----Cancelled 
WednesdayCapital Centre, Mombasa Road.
ThursdayThe Junction, 3rd floor parking
FridayVillage Market, Limuru Road.
SaturdayLaw Courts Parking, City Centre.
Adam's Arcade, Ngong Rd
SundayLaw Courts Parking, City Centre.
Safari Park Hotel, Thika Road.
Yaya Centre, Argwings Kodhek Road.
Adam's Arcade, Ngong Rd

No comments:

Post a Comment