Monday 24 March 2014

Is Nairobi the most expensive city in Africa?

Ok, at least I am not alone anymore! Since we moved to Nairobi, comparing with quality of life, I find the city very expensive, worst thing is prices of essential commodities such as milk, bread, rent, utilities keep increasing nonstop. I wish I took some notes when we moved here. Whenever I go to Nakumatt, I always find one the item`s price increased by 10-20 KShillings. It may not sound much, but when you add it up it is surprisingly high enough to get your attention. It is also one of the subject most talked about among expat community.

Today while I was doing some reading on the internet I came across recent survey, done by The Economist Intelligence Unit. If you have few minutes to read, please check it out.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2000106264/nairobi-emerges-as-africa-s-most-expensive-city

No comments:

Post a Comment