Sunday 27 July 2014

Going to a movie

I would never thought million years that going to a movie would be such a joy for me! After taking a year long break, I went to a movie! I can hear all saying "are not there any movie theatres in Nairobi?", "you are just so scared to go to places in Nairobi?"  Well, in that case that may be true. But from my end, going to a movie in Nairobi is a risky thing to do, especially since West Gate Mall attack...So personally I choose not to go any indoor places, if I have to, I go during the non rush hour weekdays. I definitely stay away from public places during the weekends! But that was not the subject:)

So I went to see 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes-3D' this week and was shocked how much the technology improved, I mean I was in awe! Felt like a child who has been given a chocolate:) I found myself comfortably sitting in big chair with my popcorn, on right side my mom was sitting and on the left my brother was sitting, how can it get better than this:) They are so much fun to watch a movie, especially my brother! You cannot guess how many times he watched Star Wars!!!! 

Going to a movie on Fridays after work was our routine with my husband, first dining at our favourite Thai restaurant and than right away to the theatre. Whenever there was a blockbuster movie, we were the first ones to see it! Of course, our routine had a big interruption after Dilara joined us!! Going to a movie became such a luxury! We tried to do rentals, and than torrent but it was not fun anymore...Well it became something impossible to do after my son joined in and there came moving to Nairobi...

So going to a movie was another item in my 'things to do' list. It has a check mark now! And believe me, I do not take for granted simple things anymore...I really appreciate to be able to do simple things more than ever in my life. 

By the way, you gotta see this movie, do not miss it!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment