Friday 25 July 2014

Grandparents

Sorry, I could not write lately. I got lots of things to write about.

Last week or so, I have been doing hospital runs, that was on top of my to do list. First thing first, we went to see our pediatrician whom became friend of mine over time. Right after we moved to Istanbul, coincidentally we ended up in her office, and loved her style and communication with my children. Since than no matter where we live my kids go to see her. She knows very well both of my children. My kids give her a hug every time they see her! Such a comfort, less fuss when they have their immunisation! So, they got their weight and height checked, we made sure they are on target with required immunisations. That's a must if you live, especially, in Africa! I try to make sure they get their immunisations here rather than in Kenya. Unfortunately we had a bad experience, so I decided to get it done here. Do not get me wrong, there are good hospitals and doctors over there. But having a quite a few bad experiences myself, I take my precaution. Of course if we have to go to the hospital we do. And my choice is always Nairobi Hospital. Anyways.

This Tuesday we also went to see my grandparents. I love to go to their home with my children and enjoy my grand mom's delicious borek (pastry filled with meat and feta cheese) and have a cup of tea with them. My kids always look forward to seeing them. Even taking to ferry is such an excitement! It is part of our routine! Every time we visit home, following week we all go to Yalova (small seaside city, you can get there either by ferry or car, only 1 hour away.) Ferry is lots of fun, Dilara and Onur love to look at the big ships out of the window while they eat their simit (sesame pastry). My grandparents have been living in Yalova more than 35 years now. Once I step into their apartment, I recall my childhood, how much I enjoyed staying overnight there, she used to make popcorn's for me while we watched soap opera together. Even their bed felt different, still remember how comfy and cosy it was, or the comforter my grand mom had, it was so heavy (we did not have these light weight comforters by than!), it was such a fun to sleep under it:) Feel so blessed to have all these wonderful memories and still be able to visit them every six months. They are both in their mid 80s, God Bless them...






No comments:

Post a Comment