Wednesday 30 July 2014

My dream...

Istanbul (historically Byzantium, or for some stubborn people out Constantinople, than Stambul, and finally Istanbul) is one of the third largest and Europe's most populous city, it is now home for 14 million people and counting...

Because of its long history, the city has a reputation for being an ethnic and a cultural melting pot. Every year millions of people visit the city to get a taste of famous Turkish cuisine, to shop at famous Grand Bazaar or get a glimpse of magnificent Bosporus, or visit one of many museums, ancient churches, towers, castles, bridges connect the two continents and much more. Not so surprising, Istanbul is the world's fifth most popular tourist destination.

Real residents (more than half of the population is migrants from Anatolia), Istanbulies, are very proud of this city and take a full ownership. Me? I grow-up in little town called, Karamursel and always dreamed of living in Istanbul. When I was studying my Bachelors in Izmir, I found myself in Istanbul every other month (thanks to my best friend, Senem, whom always made plans for us). I was amazed by this ancient city, shops, little streets, Bosporus, fancy restaurants and night clubs, its multicultural residents, and of course museums. And after all those years, one day my dream became real. Unfortunately my dream was a short one, but are not all the dreams like that? I know somewhere in the future our path will cross again with Istanbul, and I will continue my dream where I left...

No comments:

Post a Comment