Wednesday 2 July 2014

Time to pack!

Time to pack! Every six months it is my routine to take luggage's out. As much as I love traveling, preparing a luggage is no fun! One of them is full with Masai Market items!

 By the way last couple of years our luggage quantity keeps increasing. I used to be so called a 'light traveler'. But not anymore!!!! With two children in row, it is impossible! Last time we travelled in December, we had total of 8 luggage's (may sound like a huge number, but since I do not shop in Nairobi, my shopping spree starts right away, cannot loose any time! So whatever I buy, it is to be used at least 6 months to a year.  Do not I always find excuses??)

I also noticed my children are in growth spurt none stop! Ever time I go for shopping I tell myself, 'ok this pair of shoes should be good for a year now', but nope! In 6 months we pass them on to other people!

So this time I promised myself to have as few luggage as possible! Just closed the fourth one! But have to admit, one of them has another smaller one inside, I have to plan myself in case we cannot fit in 4 on the way back! It is much better than buying a luggage at last minute, that I also have done in the past! So lots of experience in this department!

Two years ago, we were at the airport in Istanbul coming back to Nairobi and Turkish Airlines controller decided to check the weight of our luggage's! I tried to stop him, at one point I was even very charming, but did not work! Total of our two luggage's were 25kgs over the limit!! There I became as red as an apple! To this day, I still cannot forget my husband's face! He just stood there and stared at me! We got two choices, either we were going to pay 400€, or we had to split the extra weight evenly! I saw people doing this before, and kinda laughed at them in the past! This is what happens when you talk big!!! There I was on the floor, trying to figure out what goes where! And my husband did not even move his finger while I was juggling! I am not gonna even mention what was inside the bags!! (you would be surprised what I bring from home, but nothing illegal at least:)

So let's see what's gonna happen this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment