Monday 7 July 2014

Nairobi to Istanbul

I love Istanbul, not because it is my home city, (sort of), but also it is very live, modern but at the same time very exotic, fascinating, and there is amazing Bosporus that connects two continents, shopping and yes the food!

With only 6 hrs of fly you step into a totally new world, what a big difference, imagine from Nairobi to Istanbul! On one side very quiet, serene and kind an isolated life and on the other side highly crowded, noisy and never asleep city for 15 million! To be honest I am an urban person who enjoys a city life, if given chance I would do so many without a sleep:) So, living in Nairobi gave me an opportunity just to be by myself, learned to be alone and do lots of self discoveries. I think living in a busy city we take so many things for granted, forget who we are and what our priorities are. We just find ourselves in this big wheel that never stops...

Every time I come to Istanbul, have a long list to do, things to see, restaurants to go, shows to watch and many more. Things that I have never gotten a chance to do, or opted not to do when I was living here. Now, crowd does not bother me like it used to, (actually I kinda like it:)), even traffic! I love seeing so many people on the streets whom walk leisurely, love seeing people who enjoy cup of Turkish tea in tea gardens, when I go to seashore feel so free, or when we use Bosporus Bridge I love watching big ships and little ferries.

I feel very fortunate to get to taste this two opposite life styles, and be able to get the best of the them. It has never been easy. It is a great journey with lots of bumps on the road, but is not that what gives life a meaning? Or would you rather have a life that everything offered to you in a tray?

Such a big change in me, to be more patient and accept things the way they are, and yes tolerance...

No comments:

Post a Comment