Tuesday 9 September 2014

Unexpected visitor

When I was working in my garden with Paul this weekend (he is an organic farmer) we heard a noise coming from right behind. There, it was a little vulture (not so little:)), trying to fly, this amazing wild creature trying so hard to fly but just couldn't. I was not sure what to do, it was in our garden and seriously, this is a wild animal! So we just waited there to decide what to do. We noticed there was blood on the ground and was coming from one of it's wing. And all of suddent it noticed us, and just laid there without moving. Paul said it is pretending to be dead to protect himself from us. Paul said he grow-up in a village with so many wild animals. There he walked to the vulture, me following him right his behind:). In front of my eye without a hesitation he hold him up. And opened its wing, and we saw where the injury was. This animal that looks so wild and sometimes scary from below to us all of a sudden was so helpless and weak. Luckliy, Paul knew a rescue center that run by volunteer expats in Karen. We put him into a box with my children and took him to veterinary and than to rescuse center. They said it is only 12 weeks old, just a baby, ruptured one of its wing and luckly they were able to fix it. It will be kept safely in center until our little friend is ready to go back to its wild life. Yesterday I took my children to visit,  they were so happy to see our little friend. We cannot wait for him to reach the sky and makes us scared again:)


No comments:

Post a Comment