Tuesday 2 December 2014

Empty house

After big loading day, our house looked so empty and lifeless. I think personal items make the house warm and characteristic, not TV, or big couch or dining table. Small bits and pieces show style and uniqueness. But with less to clean I had no complain at all! Besides kids loved to run around or play hide and seek!

It was not easy to plan what to sell, keep or donate. Luckily, I am one of those people who is overly organised and disciplined. When I showed my sale list to my friends with pictures, details and dimensions, they were in shock! Being organised is such a helpful thing if you move every other years!

So what we left in the house: two single and one double bed, and three sets of sheet, few utensils, pots and pans, two sets of plates, a simple iron, and very few clothes to wear in Kenya. I also took languages out before the moving day. And put the winter clothes and shoes in them to make sure winter clothes will not end up in the container!!! Whatever we had in the house also donated equally among the organisations and families we already were part of.

All the kids toys, outside playhouse, table set, TV and many more donated to a wonderful disabled children centre in Karen, Heshima Children Centre. I wanted to give the name here in my blog, because Heshima is one of the best, caring and loving and true to itself children centre I have ever seen. We went there with Dilara, (probably you already know, that's my daughter:)), before we left Kenya, and admired and moved by what have been done for these children, the impact of their hard work, in such a short time frame. It was so remarkable, and is something I will never forget...

My kids excitedly helped loading their toys into truck and gave a big hug before they said goodbye:)

We had couple sleepover parties for Dilara, for some reason children love empty houses:) I also prepared some food and put them into freezer for my husband (that's called being a good wife!:)), I made few trips to Masai Market (it is never too late to shop!). And we were ready to go.

It was not easy to say goodbye to our home of three years. On our flight day at 2am, when I looked back before getting into the cab, I felt heartbreak, but at the same time I know this is life and it is again time for us to go...



No comments:

Post a Comment