Sunday 30 November 2014

Farewell

It is never easy to say goodbye to home, for me where we make a living is called 'home'.

 Even though I am quite fan of moving, every move comes with it's own pros and cons. I was busy with planning farewell parties for my children at school, we also gathered at friend's house for dinner, there was also another gathering with expat wives club:) for lunch. With every hug and goodbye, I felt sad...I want to say Farewell to:

My friends at total barre class: When we hugged each other with my lovely instructor, Jess, I remembered the first day I heard about this class, how excited I was. It was not only a class for me, it was also a social place where I got to talk to people and made new friends. I looked forward to every Tuesday and Friday mornings.

Dr. King, my pharmacist: who was always there for me, found any medication I needed. We even talked about Turkish and Kenyan politics, and learned so much from each other.

My friend at KPS: John, who always helped me with carrying my grocery, and always asked about my children, brother and husband. With that little morning chat I felt a friendship and care. By the way, he was the one who always picked the freshest mangoes and avocados for me:)

There was also my florist, John, he was my first stop every Monday morning, my fresh lily bouquet would be ready for pick up:)

Our night security guide, Big John, whenever he saw our kids he would just put them on his wide shoulders and run around. He made us felt safe and secure.

Thank you my friends, you made Kenya a lovely and warm place for me and for my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment