Friday 14 November 2014

News to share...

It was over three years ago when my husband told me about a job opportunity in Kenya. Until that day we never thought about leaving Istanbul. It was only three years ago we moved there anyway. (There is something with number '3'!) Right after we talked, I started my research on the web, read as many as I can and learned as much as I can. And in less than 3 months (another number 3!)  we have decided to take the job offer and sailed to a new place. A place is like anywhere else in the world, Africa...We made a quick trip to Nairobi in January 2012, looked for a house and a school and went back to pack! By March, right after we celebrated our son's 1st birthday we hopped onto a plane and came to Kenya.

Now, it is time to sail again...but this time a place we know, US.

I feel fortunate enough to live in three continents and three different countries (another number '3'). Those three countries not only far from each other, they also have different cultures, different type of living and dynamics. All of them came with challenges and easiness, and every challenge taught me so much that made me a different person. My view for life has changed so much, I learned the real meaning of appreciation and to be grateful. And I know this is not the end, only the beginning...


No comments:

Post a Comment