Wednesday 5 November 2014

A great event at Kasarani Safaricom Stadium

We had a great event last week at Kasarani Safaricom Stadium, there were 10+ schools attended this annual competition, it was fun and friendly.

Kasarani is the biggest sport venue in Kenya, all major national and international sports events take place in here, grounds are well kept and run professionally.

This was where parents got really carried on, screaming, yelling, taking pictures, running from one end to another, just to get a glimpse of their kids!I was one of the parents' who were yelling and trying to take hundred of pictures! One picture is never enough, we gotta take pictures from every angle, right:)

Children competed in different venues, 100m, 400m, 800m, jumping and throwing ball. My daughter, Dilara, was one of the ball throwers, I had a huge grin on of my face when she was on the ground competing and also she was just trying to make an eye contact with me after each throw:) I felt as much proud when I watched the young boys and girls run for 100m to 800m, they all finished what they started, how all the parents looked so exicted, like they were the ones who were competing....By the way all the first runners were Kenyans, not much of a surprise there:) 

I love these competitions not only they are fun, they also teach children to be fair players.


No comments:

Post a Comment