Thursday 20 November 2014

Big day!

How can I forget the day when our container arrived to our house three years ago. Dilara and Onur were so exited, they were screaming, clapping their hands. Dilara just run over to boxes and hugged them:) My son, Onur, was not even walking by that time, but it did not stop him to crawl through them. Me? Ah, it was a big welcome party from my end as well. We were living without our furniture for four months, and I missed so much my comfortable couch, orthopaedic bed:) and personal items. Trust me, It is not easy to live in a pair of leggings and few t-shirts!!! By the way since last week, I am where I was before!

I was able to finish my part of packing in two weeks, it was not an easy job! I had to organise clothes for warm weather and cold weather! I checked the temperature for Washington, DC yesterday, it was showing -3! How I not miss that! Ok, no complain here:)

I have also put up a list of items to sell! I seriously planned to downsize our items for a long time. The sale list went on and on, with total of 62 items! at one point I said to myself, there is no way I can sell all of these. With an optimistic mind, posted it any place I can think of and started to wait. My sale adventure will be covered in next piece.

Boxing and packing went very smoothly.  With five people, AGS team worked productively. After downsizing our stuff, we had 20ft container. As a start, I did have some hesitations, it seemed like packing would never end and there is no way we would fit into 20ft. At the end our furniture fit just perfect, when we looked inside there was not a single spot left empty behind!



No comments:

Post a Comment