Saturday 8 November 2014

Last night!

It is time for the rainy season. Not only farmers but regular people like myself also have been waiting for it. It has been very dry, even some days little bit of humid and yes very dusty. Greens and big trees covered with dust, in some cases you cannot even spot the green anymore! During short rain season, it mostly rains at night, and in the morning there is a little breeze and fresh smell of soil with the birds singing at the background. And my favourite parts is have a cup of tea while I go through my blog and plan through my day. Karen area gets more rain than other areas and I am loving it:)

Last night we had a sudden rain in the early morning hours, first my daughter appeared on our bed side, looking at me with a sleepy face, she said she cannot sleep because of rain. Seriously rains are very noisy here, something can even wake you up from your deep sleep. Anyway, so I put back my daughter to sleep went back to bed, just before I fall asleep again ( unlike my husband I am never be the one who falls asleep in one second!!!!), I heard the crack from the hardwood floor and opened my eyes, this time it was my son! He said he cannot sleep because of rain beside his mosquito net fall on him!  And I thought this is gotta be a joke, is everyone in this household waiting for the same night to wake up! I went back with him and put him to bed, sure enough wasn't in the mood of putting net up at 3am! I had another try with sleeping, but believe it or not, this time it was my husband who woke up and of course had no idea what I have been up to! His concern was the mosquitoes!!! Ok, here is the thing, since we moved to Kenya, he had developed this weird habit of obsessing with mosquitoes and in some instances he talks to them!! Seriously! And this happens at night!!! So there I was trying to fall asleep again ( I knew I got no chance with the third round!), and my husband was trying to catch the small mosquito in the room. Just imagine the situation!!!
While I am writing this piece, he is in his deep peaceful sleep! Me??? I almost could not sleep all night and having my fourth cup of tea since 6am!

Have a wonderful Sunday to everyone😀
Zeynep



No comments:

Post a Comment