Tuesday 23 December 2014

On the go again!

An uneventful week has passed and I literally put my foot outside after little bit of health scare. I became a couch potato for the first time in my life, only ate and watched TV without moving! Thanks to my mom, she took care of my kids, and my sister came over for help. By the way, I might have watched all Turkish soap opera out there! Some of them are really good, just check youtube:) 

Like in every visit, I looked forward to visiting my grandparents, even though every visit reminds me the truth about their ageing and health conditions. They are both in mid 80s and I am very grateful to be able to spend time with them, take my kids to their house, to see my kids play cards and games with them. This time, because of his age, my grandfather was very emotional, he gave me one big hug that made me very sad, as much as I tried, couple tears fell off...and I was not very successful hiding it... The truth is, I know I will not be able to see them as much as it used to be. Living in Kenya is one thing but living in US is totally a different story, with 12hrs flight and 7hrs difference! After each goodbye I pray and hope there would be a next time...

It was time to pack again, my sister came from Izmir she insisted on taking us to the airport. Even though I am never a fan of saying goodbyes at the airports, I was obliged due to my condition (I was not allowed to lift anything).  There were six luggage's to do, two kids to be prepared and me, I had to be ready not only physically but also emotionally as well for another air trip! This time I have decided to get help for my anxiety! By the way there is a great deal of benefit having a psychiatrist sister:) By Saturday I was ready with my anxiety pills in hand:)

Our driver came to pick us up around 9:30am, four hours earlier! If you want to be in a certain place at certain time you gotta leave hours earlier in Istanbul! Traffic is horrible! Anyway, somewhere in the middle, I suddenly remembered I forgot my little vanity bag (my mom's gift, I have it since I was 12!). I've never travelled without it, I know it sounds weird but that's the truth. It is my lucky charm, some people carry pendants, rings and etc. me? I carry I little vanity bag that has little bear pictures on it! Our driver was shocked when I told him we had to go back, and was even more shocked when my mom gave it to me. He was kind enough to not to make any comment, and I was not brave enough to tell him what it was!

Luckily, Istanbul traffic was on our side, for some reason Monday morning traffic was just not there, even the big trucks got disappeared. I know, why, because I was carrying my lucky vanity bag with me, seriously I do believe that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment