Thursday 11 December 2014

TVT pain!

Should I write about it or not, that was the question. But I have decided to write about my life experiences and since this was definitely one of them. Here it is!

Finally a week has passed and now I can sit and walk freely, can I also say I can go to toilet now (how would I know going to toilet is such a relief after all!) .It was one of the most painful week so far. I had two surgeries at once (I know I gotta be crazy to have two surgeries at once, sometimes after I have done something, I even cannot believe myself!) , thinking it will be a quick recovery. At least that was what my doctors told me! I had these health complains after my son's birth. I have done everything I could like exercising, pilates and doing lots of but lots of Kegels, but at the end I needed a surgery! You probably know by now what I am talking about, especially if you are a woman and had natural birth! Even though I read lots about pre and post surgery articles, nothing could have prepared me physically and physiologically what was awaiting for me! Tons of pain, 2 nights at hospital, no appetite at all, difficult to walk and go to toilet!, very low blood pressure, so much more. I once heard the term 'cold sweats', but never knew what that means up until last week! Besides, I had to have another surgery in three days. Imagine me, thinking I will be in better condition after the surgery, worst happens. There I am in surgery room, making jokes with nurses about going to "la la land" in second row in 3 days. When I entered the surgery room, anaesthesia technician saw me and said 'Are you back already?!" Like this is something I look forward to!!! My doctors decided to loosen the TVT tape and told me I should be fine (should or would or will! can I have a definite answer please I thought!!!) But in medical world there are no straight answers, always possibilities that something can go wrong no matter how easy or non invasive the surgery is. I have been sent home with surgically implemented little device to help me with toilet business!!!! I looked my tummy and I was like ok, at least this is easier than the other options! Than I thought about my total barre classes, exercise regimen and abs that I have been working so hard to have! All gone in one second!!! Not here to complain, do not get me wrong, I am happy to be healthy and know that there are so many bad things happening around that people have no control over. But still, we are all humans, right??

Anyway, I have been sent home again by my doctors and told me to try to go to toilet and let them know. I hardly hold myself, it is not about me trying, it is just not happening!!! After painful and sleepless sixth night (I was so worried that I can trip over and block the tubes accidentally) By the way, I am not gonna mention how many phone calls I was getting from friends and family members to check on my toilet status that I have to tell the same things over and over again, it was not only my problem anymore!!! One of these phone calls' was happened to be in a taxi, I again was covering the all details to my friend. After I hanged up, the taxi driver turned around and told me, 'miss do not worry, my wife had the same operation, it takes three to four months to feel well"! Here I am in a taxi, a man I do not even know giving me an advise! And finally after week long painful experiences, dark clouds disappeared and finally mission was accomplished:) I have to admit I literally cried of happiness...!Little device that became my best friend, was taken off very next day, with another very painful experience, but hey I am not complaining at all!

Now, I can walk by myself in a very slow motion, sit and sleep. You cannot imagine how I felt when I was able to turn in bed last night, I fall asleep with a big grin on my face:)

We had air plane tickets for this Saturday, but I am nowhere to have 10 hours flight. Besides, I could not even go out yet, so I have changed our plane tickets. I cannot wait to join my friends for a fun Istanbul night. It will be a slow motion outing though, but who cares:)


No comments:

Post a Comment