Monday 23 February 2015

"Security email"

This morning while I was going through my emails I saw the "security email" from US Embassy in Kenya. That reminded me I should take our names from their list, anyway. I could not help myself reading the email, let's call it an old habit! These emails meant so much to me, not long ago, only 3 months back...That made me think again how quickly a life can change for better or worse, and in some cases we cannot control it...Per the email, security has increased and there is a significant threat in Kenya for expats or western community. I thought about friends in Nairobi, how we used to worry about these threats, it almost consumed us all day. It was the only talking point when we saw each other at the school. Of course you never hear good things from people, bad news is the first one to spread too quickly! No matter what we talked about, life always went on, we did what we needed to do. And I know no matter how concerned they are, they have to go on with their lives in there. Whenever I see streets of Nairobi on TV or hear news about Kenya, I instantly stop what I am doing and pay my full attention whatever the subject is. I feel strongly attach to that country, and I do not think it will ever change. Because our three years in Kenya touched and left lots of marks in our lives, the and the bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment