Friday 27 June 2014

Apologies for grammar and typo mistakes

As you all probably noticed, English is not my first/native language:) Even though I went to a private high school with English curriculum, when I went to US for my master degree I noticed whatever I learn was not English! Because I could not understand one word what my roommates were saying!! Still remember how I felt embarrassed, and for a long time instead of talking, I have done lots and lots of listening!!! It took quite a long time for me to be comfortable. And being a perfectionist did not help to the matter!

When I started my blog little over a year ago, I did not feel comfortable writing in English, put aside posting it on the Internet! And never thought so many people would read my blog, I did not even dream it! So for a long time, I was obsessed with typos, punctuations, and yes grammar! Then I noticed, putting to much time and get stress about it created a cold feet! So first few months, I could not write a lot.

As we all know, blogs, especially personal blogs have become mainstream these days. Who could have predicted it, right? Nowadays, whenever I find extra time, I go back to my old blogs and do at least spell check (it is so easy, just have to click on the link, such a great tool for me!!) I wish there is also a grammar check as well:). Once I finish the piece I work on, I feel urged to publish it. That's the area I have to work on, patience and patience!

I want to say thank you for reading my blogs and be so tolerant:)  I will do my best to do more proof read and spell check.

No comments:

Post a Comment