Wednesday 25 June 2014

Shopping, Mat Bronze

Here is another piece about shopping in Nairobi. Be prepared, this will not be a regular shopping experience! Mat Bronze is actually very unique, artistic, characteristic and surprisingly creative.

I saw Mat Bronze's sign when we were looking for a house years back, and found it interesting, finally I made a visit last week! It is hiding in secluded area in Karen, almost do not want to be found out, keeping itself as a secret to be discover! Entrance is pretty impressive, big elephant head is welcoming you.  On the way to the building there are many animal sculptures made of bronze. And the building itself resembles a castle. Once you get in, a very cozy coffee shop and outside patio awaits for you. Coffee shops offers great Kenyan coffee and little bites. There is also a lavish green lawn for you to enjoy your coffee.

Mat Bronze is first and only Bronze Foundry in East Africa. It offers great choice of gifts such as necklaces, animal sculptures small to a bigger size, ear rings, belt buckets, and much more, price ranges from inexpensive to expensive. I can honestly say, I found the necklaces and particularly ear rings pretty impressive, even got one pair for myself! Believe me, I am not a quick shopper, it really had to be unique for me. There is also an art gallery at the back, displaying local artists paintings. You can also find Mat Bronze's stand right in the center at Junction Mall.  If you are around, you gotta go:) It is definitely worth to visit!






No comments:

Post a Comment