Saturday 28 June 2014

Heater war!

Rainy season ended even before started! Now, we are in cold season already. It is a no joke, it is cold! How would I know, Kenya can get this cold! Had no clue! Either I was very ignorant or totally blindfolded, I had no idea temperature can get this low in Kenya! Imagine 10C in the morning, seriously!

In the morning, we are dragging ourselves out of our beds. All we want is to snuggle and none of us want to move! Some mornings I find my little one, tugged himself next to me quietly!  Poor little man, holding with his one hand his yellow blankie, he just lays next to me:) At nights, it is a different story, by 7:30pm I start boiling water for our warm water bags! We all have one and they come with different colours, so there are no fights! On the other hand, heater is the most sought after item at our house! Who knows this little noisy machine can play such an important role in our lives!!!! During TV time, my children basically glue themselves to this little machine with their blankets, when my husband joins them, there the fights begin! Being a good mother, I wait for my turn:) Let me also mention, this little machine gets very handy in our house, I even use it to dry our laundry!!! The only problem is every 10 minutes you have to change it's direction! I still question myself, why on the earth I sold my dryer when we moved here! It is just me being ignorant of where I was moving! There you have it! Criticising myself, is not it a big step?

We got two of these noisy little machines, one goes to the rooms before children go to bed. First, we warm up my son's room! And than move it to my daughter's room! You probably wonder, why we do not buy the third one! Himmm, no idea, we are being very conservative probably!!!

We also have a fire place in the living room, but I am just so scared to use it! Because of my past experiences so far in this house since the first day we moved in, I am afraid the whole house can burned down! I must admit, during the cold days it is very tempting though!

No comments:

Post a Comment