Thursday 26 June 2014

Farewell Parties on the rise!

It is time of the year again! School term is coming to an end, and we have two months of break ahead of us. Some of us preparing to go over to our home countries, others are brave enough to stay here! (Why am I saying 'brave enough'? It is really getting cold in here! I mean yesterday, It was 10 degrees in the morning!) And rest are leaving the country for another journey. So past few weeks we have been quite a few goodbye parties. Today I also noticed, our neighbour started to pack up. A d I thought 'have not they arrived only a year ago! They cannot go now!'

Whenever I see international moving companies around, I remember how we felt when our furniture have arrived. Until that moment, I never believed in personal attachment to furniture's and like much (this is me saying, who moved hundreds of times!), but this time it was different. Did it feel different because we moved into a totally new place and culture? Or am I getting old? May be all of the above! But I still remember that feeling, feeling of happiness and joy of seeing familiar items in our new place. My children were screaming with an excitement in each box opened that day:) Now, when I see people are packing, I wonder how it would be this time? Will I be happy to moving, sad or somewhere in the middle? I really wonder...

Making friend is not an easy task for me, I am not a social bug...So losing friend is no different, even though I am happy for my friends. However, the idea of not seeing familiar faces around makes me uneasy... In places like Africa, friendships make a big difference, you get to share so many things and have lots of things common that you would not in any other place. It feels like you are on same road...


No comments:

Post a Comment