Monday 9 June 2014

Flying insect invasion!

Our little friends with wings are back in town! We are having some late coming rains and these blind flying creatures are back with full swing! They even made into our house, thanks to big gap under the doors! By the way, it ended up in our table at dinner time!  I went to our garden this morning and saw hundreds of wholes, these weird looking harmless insects have been very busy lately!!! So is our neighbour's cat! I saw it in our backyard at night, it's head was down whole time! That's I call house keeping! Have I mentioned, they are good source of protein, seriously, even for human! I heard some people fry them. 

When I opened our door yesterday morning, there was a horrible scene, looked like it was from a movie!!! There were hundreds may be even thousands of wings piled up in front of our doors and windows, even our cars were kinda covered with them. For some reason, my children are fascinated by it, obviously not me! 

Mother nature is something to be admire of. Right around when heavy rain starts so are these insects show-up. I met with them few years back when we moved to Kenya. Unfortunately by that time, we were not aware of these animals and did not have any curtains, so quite amount of them ended up inside of our home! I have to admit, I was terrified! But now I am adjusted (very proud of it) which is a big thing even as a person who has a insect phobia! 

Himmm, picture does look sort of nasty, sorry:) but will give you a good idea what I am writing about, and this is nothing:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment