Thursday 19 June 2014

How To Soaked Up In Water In Five Seconds!

It has been unseasonably warm in Nairobi. At the beginning of each week I say to myself (I tend to talk to myself very often lately, is it a sign or what!!!!) 'rainy season is going to start this week', but it never does! I feel like rain did not want to stop by at Nairobi, just decided pass this year.

Today was no different, it was another hot day! By noon, it was showing 27 C! I decided to drive around and stop by at new places (I will write about them later:)). Once I was out of the store, I looked up, saw dark and very dark clouds piling up on the sky. And thought this is no good. By the time I was on the road to pick-up my kids, clouds turned into a little storm! And due to the wind and volume of the rain my wipers gave-up!! All of a sudden I found myself driving with no visibility! Great timing, ha! I glued myself to front window, probably from outside I looked like I was part of it! And finally made it to the school! It did not look like a school any more, school almost looked like it was built in a river. After waiting in my car for 10 minutes for rain to calm down, I gave up and found myself running like crazy while trying to hold on to my umbrella, which was no good, because of the wind it was up side down! When I arrived to my son's section, he could not recognize me I was soaked up in water and it was dripping from head to toe!

I cannot even remember how I made to my car with one hand holding my son, with other holding silly looking umbrella, while telling my older one to run faster! Poor girl, she was in shock! Our shoes probably soaked all the water on our way!

Roads are now in pretty bad condition (they were already in bad condition, now water is added into the picture!!!), wholes on the road are like traps waiting to get you! Drive safe and try to stay dry!



No comments:

Post a Comment