Wednesday 11 June 2014

Holiday plans in place!

After staying here during school break two years ago, I learned my lessons! Children got so bored, weather was very chilly, not much to do, my children's friends went their homes so could not do any play dates. I was running around like crazy, trying to keep them entertained 24/7! I found myself playing with them all day, there I almost lost my mind, at one point lost my connection with real world! Because of that, I promised myself, every year I will put a nice plan and will try to spend our holidays as fun and productive as possible!

We have left less than a month before two months break starts and to be on the safe side, I made my plans:) We will spend two months in Istanbul and Mediterranean coast. Holiday will start with summer school for my children, lots of activities, it will also be great opportunity for their Turkish! It feels like, it is time! Lately, they both prefer to speak English, my little one tends to speak all three in same sentence!!! It is expected, obviously it is not easy for them to speak many languages, but they know the importance of speaking their native language. So spending time at summer school will help them a lot. We tried summer school last year for my older one and she loved it! This year little brother is going to join her. They both are very excited!

Summers at home is always something we all look forward to. We love spending time with our families, friends, taking strolls, do some retail therapy and just enjoy Istanbul. Summer is best time to visit, since locals run to the coastal part of the country, traffic is not as bad, schools are closed, shopping centers and restaurants are still busy, weather is very pleasant thanks to breeze from Bosphorus:)

Then we will hoop into a plane to visit Mediterranean part of the country. You can find many hotels and resorts along the coast line with great customer service, two stars to five stars hotels. First time, we plan to drive along the coast and stop by any place we`d like. Another first time would be visiting ancient towns, places, historical sites. I do feel embarrassed about this:( But it is never too late, right?

I try to write from Istanbul as much as I can, and will post lots of pictures:)


No comments:

Post a Comment