Monday 16 June 2014

Long week!

It was a very good week last week! All of a sudden, every single person in our household became sick! At one point, I thought, this is gotta be a nightmare!

 First, it was my husband who came from a week long trip, he visited not one country, but four countries! We can even call it a 'how to visit 4 countries in 7 days'!! From South Africa to Zimbabwe to Zambia to Malawi!! I think I was expecting it somehow, because when he came back he was way to tired and very pale. Not exaggerating, he slept two days nonstop with a high fever, luckily it was not anything serious.  While I was taking care of him, my son came from school, and said 'Onur is sick, my tummy is sick'. And he laid down right next to my husband, I thought we are just doing a 'role-play' here! Until, my little man had a horrible vomit (sorry I could not find a better word:)). He was not sure what was wrong with him, did not understand what it was all about, he was so scared and cried. I was trying to take my husband's temperature with one hand, and holding my son on the other to calm him down:) Than Teresia said she feels very bad and had the same problem Onur had! So there I was in shock! At one point, I thought about running away and come back once everybody is well!!!

Of course, I did not!! I send Teresia home with our driver to her mom's place for her to take a rest. I cleaned the house, and sprayed everywhere! Started to cook different type of food for everyone!!! By the time, my husband was fine, he left home for another week long trip for Nigeria!! And have I mentioned, my daughter also got sick!!!! She had the same symptoms! Imagine me, cleaning, cooking, changing the bed sheets non stop!!! And by Thursday, everyone was healthy and happy. I sent my daughter to Naivasha for overnight school trip, my son to school, luckily Teresia was back. By Friday, nobody was around and I got sick. I call it 'great timing'!. But this time, no one was around to take care of me! My husband's flight got cancelled! Honestly, I thought he did this intentionally!!! By the time I was feeling much better, everybody was back!

So this was my past week,  did not I say it was a good week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment