Thursday 24 April 2014

Physical activities at school, is it too much??

At my daughter's school, physical activities are five days a week, one day they have swimming class, and other days they have team games, or run in the field. As a person who works-out regularly, and believing importance of staying active, not sure if five days a week schedule too much or not, for this age group.
Yesterday, they (kids aging 6-10) had 2km run! And they all were brave enough to see the "finish" lane:) It was not an easy job, and I was very proud to see them either run or walk, and finish it no matter what:) Unfortunately, I cannot make a comparison, since my daughter started her primary in Kenya. And I think comparing with my childhood wont be a good idea, because I came from a totally different background! We had no physical activity in primary whatsoever! May be that's why I question it? On the other hand, I was reading a health journal couple days ago, and statistics are showing that the numbers are significantly high for knee injuries in young children. Do not we all need a balance in every stages of our lives??

No comments:

Post a Comment