Friday 11 April 2014

My Children

My two children who are aged 3 and 8 are having a lifetime experience. And I feel so blessed.  Their childhood in Kenya reminds me exactly my childhood. I grow up in our backyard, in playground, or in tiny streets where we were able run freely. I even remember climbing on top of our roofs secretly:) I never once was scared of anything, it was so pure and innocent. Looking back now, I now know how valuable it is, to be able to run outside, play simple games such as hide and seek, or just bike without holding the handles:) My husband grow up in the middle of Istanbul, he tells me these stories where he used to play football in the streets of Kadikoy with his friends, or how he climbed trees and ate the fruits. Are not they such fulfilling memories?? I have never imagined my kids would be able to play outside with bare foot and have so much fun.

Yesterday, my son was talking to me, well at least he was trying:) and he said few words and I did not understand what he said! Ok I do feel bad, but I just sometimes do not understand what he says, I do try hard though, but no luck:(

Like every toddler, he is going through some phases, past few months he is going through language development and keeps saying new words and sometimes Turkish and English are all mixed up:) However, yesterday I kinda heard a word sounded like Swahili, and I said to myself, no way and how?? And than I discovered, he speaks Swahili with his age group in the compound:) Is not that something? How an earth I would know one day my kids will speak Swahili:).






No comments:

Post a Comment