Monday 28 April 2014

How to start a day?

There are many ways to start a day. Some sleep if possible long hours (I do envy these people) ! Some of us run to work. Some find themselves stuck in traffic (like my poor husband).  Some do not even get a sleep at all, the ones that just had a baby! Some cannot start a day without a cup of coffee or tea, like my parents:).

Me? I start a day around 7am from a little noise coming from next room, that's my 8yr old getting ready for school, around the same time, my three year old holding his blanket tightly and telling me if today is the school day or not?:) There I try to close my eyes as much as I can and pretend like sleeping may be five more minutes! No matter how much I resist, this is how my day starts! Believe or not my husband still sleeps like an angel, after all these years, I still cannot believe how his sleep can be this deep!!!! Anyway, my husband's sleep is not to subject here, right?! By this time, my son Onur, who is so obsessed with colour red, brings me any clothing he can find from his drawer and tells me 'Onur's colour red (he is still not using word 'I', instead using his name in each sentences!!!!) There I drag myself to kitchen to get the breakfast ready for my children. This is the department I created my own problem!! Instead of quick cereal, my children are so used to Turkish breakfast, that's boiled egg/omelet with feta cheese, glass of milk, fresh olives, cereal bread with honey or peanut butter! A bowl of cereal would be much easier! But I guess it is too late!!!! Being a good wife, I also make my husband's breakfast, seriously, something for a long commute, such as a sandwich, fresh fruit and a juice! And than once everybody is ready, there is the driving part to the school, a moment where my son glued to my leg each and every morning!!! Once everybody is where they need to be, without looking back, I jump on my car, and happily drive to my best and happiest destination:) I put my ipod on, play the best playlist ever, and go for a run!

Today was my new milestone with running, I saw 15km mark in my ipod, and very proud of it:) My latest personal target is run for marathon! Running once or twice a week became such a solace for me in here. After each run, I find myself feeling very accomplished, happy and reborn:)

After the run, I have a health and hearty breakfast with tea while I browse on the net for world news while watching Turkish channels:) Is not it called multi-tasking?! Then I turn my ipad on, and start writing.

How about you, how do you start your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment