Thursday 10 April 2014

Why Kenya?

Do not we all  make a reality check and see where we were and where we are now? May be it is part of my personality, but I like to have a self-check once in a while and think about past (do not drag about it:)), and what life brought me so far.

So I have been asking myself lately on living in Kenya. Was it a very quick decision? As a mom and a person who loves to work, have I given it a real deep taught? Have my expectations met? WHY KENYA? Looking back now, they are tough questions to answer...If somebody asked me these questions a year ago, probably my answers would be very different. To be honest, I did go through some difficult times in here, in terms of being alone, trying to adjust a very different life style and culture, and much more.  It is really hard to match the expectations and actual in real life. No matter how much thinking we do, there are no absolutes, I wish there were...Would not life be much easier??

 When my husband mentioned about the job offer, it was not a really long decision, I can now easily say that. Why Kenya? Short but a good question, right? Kenya, because it is Africa! It is the place we all hear about since we are so little. There is no other place like it, it is so simple because it is a lifetime experience, if little open minded, teaches you so much, to be appreciative, be accepting, be calm and be gracious about. I do still have bad days:), but is not it part of life?




No comments:

Post a Comment