Saturday 12 April 2014

Horse Back Riding

Whenever I saw a horse riding scene in the movie or riding competitions on the news, or any news in the magazines related to horses, make me take a deep breathe. It was always something I wanted to do, to be able to ride a horse, may be in the future own one...Horses always amaze me, with their elegance, with their smooth moves, with their power, their sensitivity, to see them with a human and how they become  'one'.

Have I ever got a chance to ride a horse? Yes, but I think it was late (ok I can hear some saying, it is never to late, I agree but...), I was busy with other things and never continued with my lessons. I started classes with few years apart, but something came up, like becoming a full time mom:)

I always imagined, if I have a girl, would love her to become a good rider. When my daughter was born, from day one, I imagined her riding a horse. Of course it is not something you can force your child! But it did not stop me dreaming:) After we moved to Nairobi, noticed there are many horse back riding schools in here. Honestly, it is one of the best activities in here. There is one riding school very close to our home. So a year ago, I took my daughter, she was only 6 by that time, and wanted to see if that's something she would like to do (the first time we went to the school, I waited hopelessly for her thoughts to see if she liked it or not). And since that day, every weekend, my daughter rides a horse, when she is with them, she is so free and happy (me too:)) I can see, she is trying with all her heart. And there is our lovely Kenyan instructor, Ben, so patient and gentle with her. When we are there, she runs from one staple to another with carrots in her hand:)
Thank you Dilara, for making your mom's dream come true...




No comments:

Post a Comment