Friday 4 April 2014

Karen Blixen Museum

Even though we are a very short drive away from the museum, I've never visited up until yesterday. I think I took so many visitors there and never got a chance to visit!

By the way, I have third round of visitors this week and becoming an expert guide! seriously:)

Since weather is so pleasant, by the way I love the climate in here:), I planned a short visit to museum.    

And if you are one of the fan of movie  'Out Of Africa', it is definitely a place to see! While I was talking to the guide and doing nonstop translation for my guests!,  I was also thinking about both movie and Karen Blixen's life. What an amazing person she was, her persuasion and her love for Africa.  The house displays original pieces as well as pieces (such as bed, drawer etc) from the movie. Karen Blixen's House became a museum over a decade ago, and since than it is very well kept, went over major renovation few years back. Local guides are very informative and friendly, you can even feel their love for this house. House, furniture's even the huge old coffee machine at the back make you travel back in time. Green lawn is immaculate, interior wood, study room, bathroom all were amazing, and kept so well.

My next plan is read her books!

Quick info: Entrance fee for non-resident is 1200KSH and 600 for residents. Pls Note: Make sure to bring cash, credit cards are not accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment