Monday 5 May 2014

A gem, Lucca @ Kempinski Villa Rosa

Is it only me or do you also love to indulge yourself with nicely cooked and well served food? One of my hobby is finding out new restaurants and trying their food (ok, I am not so adventures, I have my expectations and standards:)), as soon as I hear there is a new restaurant in the market, I find an excuse to go there:) I should have been a restaurant/food critic!

Speaking of food and indulging your-self in enchanting meals, we can all admit that world’s most popular cuisine comes from the Italian kitchen.  Here is the thing, since some of you live in Africa like myself, obviously we cannot go to Italy! but Italy comes to us at Villa Rosa Kempinski!

Few weeks back, I dined at Lucca with my mom for lunch. Honestly, it was a delightful surprise for me to walk into the newly opened Lucca. Big windows, chic woodwork and pictures on the walls were so welcoming and so is the attentive local friendly staff. Lucca serves great food in an upscale yet casual atmosphere.  Waiters are so friendly and always smiling, happy to make recommendations.

Sizzling aroma of the food is impeccable, captures the entire atmosphere. The menu is the most complete Italian course oriented without the fuzz.  It offers something for everyone including an impressive range of freshly made pasta, risotto, meat or delicious oven baked pizza. Your sweet tooth will be satisfied with a rich classic tiramisu or vanilla pana cotta. The wine menu is very rich with a wide variety that suits everyone’s palate as well as budget, covers all the regions from Europe to Africa.
What I loved about about Lucca, it is simple, welcomes you with an Italian warm and comfortable colour scheme, and artistic pieces to add the final touches.  There is also a communal table for 10, which I love since the first day I saw one in NY many years back. A great spot meeting new people and sharing central plates of food. One of the greatest things dining at Lucca, there is no rush, no last call, just eating drinking and enjoying every bit of it.

Wonderful freshly cooked meals including seafood, meat, pastas, Italian specialities and pizzas are what will make Lucca a tradition in Nairobi trendsetter’s months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment