Friday 9 May 2014

Finally had a Barre Class!

Have you every heard exercise called "Total Barre". I guess it was either last year or year before I read about it. I think I read it on Goop, and I love the idea of using ballet bar, and focusing only on core. Because techniques have changed so much, no matter how hard you work out (by the way I stop using the machines long time ago!) core is the one makes the posture, bone and muscle structure strong. As we age, it makes a big difference. And since we all come with different body types, weaknesses and strengths I believe it is very important to choose the right exercise regimen and what feels right for you. Not all exercise work for everyone.

So as an exercise enthusiast, after reading so much about it, I wanted to try it right away. Unfortunately not until few weeks ago, I could not find anyone who teaches it in Nairobi. Then through a friend I came across a barre instructor and went to her class today. Now I know what the fuss was all about! Without moving a lot and by using ballet bar, it was one of the best core training I had so far! I definitely recommend! Cannot wait for next class, but first my muscles need to rest! Have pains all over now!

No comments:

Post a Comment