Wednesday 28 May 2014

Another term break, seriously

We are in another term break. I feel like we have so many of them! This is fairly a short one, total of 5 days including Madaraka Day. On the other side, I am having difficulty with finding/creating activities for my children! At least the weather is on my side. By the way, we did not have rainy season this year, it gets unseasonably warm these days, wonder what expects us next year. Lets hope for the best.

While I was driving along Junction last week, I noticed there is a new Masai Market at Green House. Not sure they changed their location on Fridays, it does not seem like a big one from outside, so definitely gonna check it out and let you know whats out there. There are also new shops at Green House, such as a bakery and butcher. I cannot wait to take a peek inside.  Is that me who gets excited about a butcher:))) Anyway, love to discover new places. That can be a nice activity with  my daughter, not the butcher of course, Masai Market:) And our annual long holiday is ahead of us, so Masai Market is a place to get wonderful Kenyan souvenirs.

My daughter is turning 8 soon, can not believe how much she grow and how fast time went by. She has been asking for a mountain bike for sometime. And this past weekend, we have decided it is time to surprise her. Honestly, we do not spoil our children with toys or technical gadgets. We want them to be as active as they can be, and live their childhood full with lots of outside activities. Luckily, both of our children love playing outside, they prefer to be out rather than sitting in front of ipad or xbox. In a few years, technology is going to be in their lives anyway, a realty of today's world. So along with her bike, Also bought a bike rack for our car and a seat for our little one. Our new plan is to take family bike trips around the wonderful forests around Nairobi. I cannot wait to bike:) Such a great activity for children.




No comments:

Post a Comment