Friday 9 May 2014

Another Cross Country!

I was again proud and excited when I heard my daughter has been chosen for school team for up country cross country event. My excitement got faded when I heard it is four hours drive away, in Tuli! Then my motherly instinct came alive after I heard this time they are up to 5 km run! That I think it is way too much even to walk for 8 yrs old...

After I have seen some kids got fainted in previous event, my excitement was gone totally. Probably, I can hear some of you say I am over protected. From a point, that may be right and I accept.

We had two options, either we let her go by the bus with others by Friday and let her sleep in sleeping bags and tent. She did this last year in school trip and loved it:) Even though I am not a tent or sleeping bag person- I was very quite and proud myself to not saying anything:). (Sometimes it is very hard for mother's to keep it quite!!!!) Anyway, or we would all go together either by Friday evening or Saturday morning. Because of distance we decided to not let her go by bus, if something would have happened there is no way we could be there on time. And since my husband was Uganda, I was not brave enough to go there by myself and stay in the tent with 3 and 8 yrs. old! I am neither adventures nor a tent person. Now, it was time to tell this to my daughter.

When we said all these to Dilara, first she got upset, but after few minutes later, she said "I understand, may be next time it will be closer". And since our conversation, she never complained neither talked about it again. That told us how much my little girl grow and mature...

No comments:

Post a Comment