Thursday 1 May 2014

Proud mom:)

We had another cross country race this week. Students from five different schools, ageing 7-11, pushed their limits and run 3-5kms! My little girl, who has not turned 8 yet, run 3 km! And I am one proud mother:) Not only she was in the school team but also she finished without giving it up even though it was such a long distance and huge commitment for her age...As a mother, I was concerned little bit, but tried not to show it to her. Like most of the kids in her age, she is kind a competitive:), which is good thing as long as it is not destructive. I always tell her, surely winning is a great feeling, but also being part of an activity and happy, and to be able to finish what you start as important as winning.
Like all the school activities I was there to cheer for her, along with her brother:) While she was running for 'finish' line, I saw her face in full red (and I thought "is her face too red or what???" ok, it was when my motherly instinct came alive again:)), and she was running with such an excitement along with her friends. Right after she finished, she went to see her teachers to ask how she did:).

It was a wonderful day at outside, running under the big trees, weather was kinda warm for this time of the year, but it was lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment