Tuesday 13 May 2014

Fever:(

My son has been sick so have not been able to write lately. I kinda felt it last week though. Having two kids made me
 doctor!! Whenever one of our children wakes up at night, it is a sign. And the sign is never a good one! Last week it was either Monday or Tuesday night, I heard a cough coming from one of the rooms and I thought "here we go again:)". Every three to four weeks my little one gets sick, nothing serious thanks God, mostly viral. I can even put it onto a calendar!!!!

Until the children reach ages 5-6 this is the routine. Expect bi-weekly colds and stomach viruses, anything they can pick from outside! My son is working hard on this! The party starts when he has all in one!!!

They used to say, mothers forget very quickly:), and yes we do, which is a good thing!!! I sometimes think if my daughter was getting sick this frequently:) It feels like long time ago. My husband is good with reminding me those sleepless nights or nightly emergency runs!!!  and right there, I remember the ear infections she had until she was 5-6 yrs old! At that time, our lovely pediatrician Dr. Meryem Hnm told me to be patient until she reaches 6-7 yrs old. It was really hard to believe by that time. But obviously she was right:)

Having second child comes with lots of experience and patience. In the first one, you are so anxiously try to do everything right, whatever that means! But later, you figure out there are no black whites in having a child, there are also lots of greys too:)

The interesting thing about toddlers, they have no idea if they have a fever or not, they are still energetic 100%!! Saturday he had a fever 38.5, he was jumping on our couch!!!! And there is no way you can explain to them they have to rest and take it easy! Their dictionary does not have the word 'resting'!!! Thankfully, he did not have fever since Sunday night, and to make sure he is fully recovered, I am keeping him at home. This is one tough job!!! Yesterday, he run outside barefoot after he heard his friends playing outside and this morning, he just laid in front of the door begging to go to school with big sister!!!! And he was showing his tummy that he was not sick anymore:))

Hopefully we will get back to our usual daily runs tomorrow morning. Than I can start work on my
new business opportunities:)




No comments:

Post a Comment